Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Cats are Evil ??? They can fart too!
At least that what my hubbie says. I love cats. Even though I am allergic to them and they cause my asthma to flare up, I still love the furballs.

My cat, Tigger, came to me when she was a kitten back in the early 90's. Ugly little cat, a calico with white paws, but she soon became my dearest little friend. She slept on my bed, nuzzled up to me on my pillow and helped me get over the stresses of the day (if a 20-something can have stress in Florida of all places). She was there when I was married, when I had kids and lived to be 13 years old. Last September, Tigger was diagnosed with breast cancer and we decided on surgery to remove the tumor. It was huge. Afterward, the vet told me that the cancer had spread into her lymph nodes and that she would have up to a year left. Unfortunately, Tigger only had about three months left. She died in my arms two days after Christmas.

It was a horrible death and I partially blame myself. If I had left her alone that night, she might have died in her sleep, but that isn't the way it happened.

She had been not eating and growing weaker day by day. Finally on Christmas Eve I told my husband that maybe she should be put to sleep. I hated the thought of it, but I could see she was suffering. By that time, she was skin and bones and had no energy. So two days after Christmas, we made an appt. to have her put to sleep. When my husband got home from work, I went to the Christmas tree where Tigger was sleeping and picked her up. I started crying and I think it alarmed her because she resisted my picking her up. It made me cry harder. By the time we got in the car, she started having problems breathing and started dying. I was hysterical. She was my little girl and I didn't want her to go that way. It was over soon and we buried her in the yard. God, I miss my Tigger cat.

OK, enough maudlin stuff.

Before Tigger died, I had bought a new kitten to keep our other cat, Pete, company for when Tigger did pass on. My oldest son named him Fluffy. Hubbie calls him Minion. @@ Fluffy is a scamp and a half. I tell you, he is the worst farter I have ever come across and that includes my dear hubbie! That cat can cut the cheese! Whew! But he is adorable and getting fat too. Pete just ignores him. What is so funny is that Fluffy will hide and attack Pete whenever and where he can. Pete is not that young, around 10 I believe and he can't stand Fluffy. So much for my good intentions.

I think Fluffy farts on purpose. He uses it as a weapon. If he doesn't want to picked up, he farts. And you can't hear them either, they just waft up to your nose in stealth mode and by the time you smell the fart, it is too late. My younger son found this out the hard way. He loves to pick up that cat. By now, Fluffy has grown quite a bit and is half the size of him, but he doesn't care, he drags the cat around until Fluffy has to use his fart attack in order to escape. Smart cat.
Copyright Dana 2005
1 had something to share

Name: Dana
Location: Chicago, and if y'all call me a Yankee, I'll have to cyber-smack ya'!

I'm just a mom of two, a crafter of jewelry, and to keep my sanity among the Yankees (kidding)I write southern-themed poetry, short stories and memoirs. I have been published on the web on sites such as USA Deep South, Southern Humorists, Muscadine Lines - A Southern Journal, Mosaic Minds and Long Story Short. I am also a contributor in Dew on the Kudzu and Weight-Loss Articles.com where I write dieting humor.

And this is my blog... Kudzu, funny family stories, poems, family ghosts, snakes, sun-kissed southern memories all inside! Plus some travel reviews, recipes and more! I also make handcrafted jewelry! Check out my jewelry blog - Colors of the Woods

View my complete profile

Copyright  2005 Dana Sieben - All Rights Reserved

Creative Commons License
This work is
licensed under a
Creative Commons License.


View my page on Indiepublic
Use one of these buttons
and link to me!




Dana Mosley Sieben

Create your badge
37%
Sign my guestmap!
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com
 
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com
If you'd like to share your thoughts via e-mail, get in touch with me here

www.flickr.com
imissala's photos More of imissala's photos
Chicago Lampoon

Belmont or Bust

I Was Trailer Trash When Trailer Trash Wasn't Cool

One Day at a Time

The Southern Epicure

Willing Hands (cross-stich blog)

A Tennessee Redneck in King Harald's Court

I am a Supersonic Streak in the Sky!

Becky's Carolina Journal

The Book Bitches

Alabama Kitchen Sink

Herbal Connection

Magnolia Mom

All Things Southern

Too Much Pork

Finding Fair Hope

The Little Things

The Patrick's

Going Places

The Phoenix

Olga's Blog

Leslie's Omnibus

Welcome to Beejland

Web Grits

Amy's Musings

Ruminations and Reflections

The SoapBox

The Martin Family

Travel Activities

Susie Pie

Lisa's Writing Projects

Monica's Thoughts

Bill's Bilge

Pirate Journal

Junkyard Poetry

Road to Writing

What's Up Down South?

Southern Comfort

All Kinds of Writing

Talking to Myself

The Notebored

Dana Reye's Place

Dovely's Days

Musings on Birmingham

Bill Harper's Humorwriter.com

Words to Go With - a Poetry Blog

Your Way Camping

Mushy's Moochings

Rurality

Zazzafooky

Southerness.com

The Sassy Southerner






Who Links Here

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"I believe that no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, you can not baptize cats." - Larry the Cable Guy

A Tennessee man and an Alabama man were both fighting in a war and were captured by the enemy.
"Before we put you to death," said the enemy, "do you have any last requests?"
"Yes," said the Alabaman. "Could you play 'Yeah, Alabama' before you shoot me?"
"Sure," said the enemy. "How about you, Tennessean?"
"Could you shoot me before you play 'Yeah, Alabama?'"

courtesy of 100 Redneck Jokes


Image hosting by Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Blogarama - The Blog Directory


blog search directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Blogwise - blog directory



Writing , songs, humor & cool fun stuff
The Free Directory of Independent Writers and Artists
LitScene.com - The portal for writers and authors






FindingBlog - Blog Directory









TFS 100 TopBlogs

Personal Blogs
Start Blogging

Top100 Bloggers
Blogs

Top100 Bloggers Webring
Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next

Listed in LS Blogs

al.com - Alabama Weblogs








Top Personal Blogs
Artwork for banner
supplied by client.
Photographer: Dana

Site Design By:


Powered by Blogger

« chicago blogs »