Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I've Been Interviewed!
I don't normally do memes, but this one sounded fun, so I asked Janie over at her blog, Colloquium, to do her worst and ask away! Janie is a woman of many hats. She just made her Carnegie hall debut this year and also writes for a blog called Write Stuff which is a great place for writers of all levels to congregate.

She has asked me five questions and I intend on answering them for you now.

If you would like to participate, leave a comment here saying "Interview me." Please leave your blog address so I can interview you in return.

You then post the questions and your answers on your blog, including the instructions so that other folks can join in, as well as a link back to this post. When folks leave comments on your site indicating that they would like to be interviewed, you do the same thing: Visit their blog, draft five questions, get a link back to your post . . . and on it goes.

It's a sure-fire way to get more traffic and readers to your blog, so I hope you will want to participate.

Here we go...

1. I’ve lived in California my whole life (well, since I was 6 months old) and I’ve never been to the South. I know you love and miss Alabama from all the references to that state on your blogs and My Space page. Tell me the three things I absolutely, positively must do first when I finally get a chance to visit the southern corner of the U.S. Be specific! Where am I going, what am I doing there, what am I eating?

Ooo, how do I break it down?

A. First of all, don't go to chain restaurants. Try the mom and pop places off the freeway that serve home-made southern bar-b-que, sweet tea, meat loaf, hush puppies, etc... It's a good way to learn about the culture and hear some of the most wonderful southern accents.

B. Visit state parks such as Cathedral Caverns near Huntsville. It is awe-inspiring! While you are there, see the Space and Rocket Center. While not a state park, the Dismals Canyon area is a great place to see glow worms. The canyon is one of only a few places outside New Zealand where they are known to exist. Birmingham is known for it's racial history, but is truly a city on the move. Lots of museums and historical places of interest can be found such as Tannehill State Park which was important to the Civil War soldiers in that it produced weapons and other items needed by the army.

C. Where I grew up in north central Alabama, it's only a few hours away from Chattanooga, Gulf Shores, Panama City Beach, FL, Atlanta, GA, Gatlinburg, TN and many more great places to visit. There is always things to do. Nearby in Cullman, they have the Ave Maria Grotto and Lewis Smith Lake, which is a great place for boating and fishing. Many tournaments are held there yearly. For more fishing and lake activities, you can go a tad north-east to Lake Guntersville. I could go on and on...

2. I was intrigued by your Blog Your Blessings post about your hubby, Dave! Quite a tribute, filled with honesty and lots of love. Tell us about the happiest time to date in your marriage (not too graphic, please . . . we already know from your post that Dave has some talent! hahahaha) and the most challenging time. What did you learn from each?

Well, the happiest times were when I had the boys. It brought us closer, I think, and made us a family in the truest sense. Our most challenging time was when I was suffering post-partum and wasn't on medication. Had a bit of a break down, but we weathered that pretty well. I know myself and him better now as a result.

3. You said in your “Five Things About Me” post that you wanted a tattoo. Have you gotten it? If not, are you going to? Are you going for the floral chain around your ankle or something else?

Not yet. But not because I've changed my mind. I didn't realise that tattoos cost so much! I am waiting until I've saved a bit of my own money because Dave doesn't really want me to get one. He thinks I'm having a mid-life crisis. Maybe I am, but surely a tattoo is better than buying a sports car and having affairs? When I do get one, it will be southern-themed. And by that I don't mean a rebel flag or anything like that, I mean like dogwood or magnolia blossoms. Something like that.

4. One of your blogs was apparently devoted to weight loss issues. But there don’t appear to be any recent posts. What happened and why? As someone who is constantly battling weight and the issues that accompany it, I’m curious to hear if you simply abandoned the idea of losing weight, just quit blogging about it or . . ?

Hmmm, kind of a sensitive issue. I am very bad about self-discipline and get discouraged very easily. I stopped exercising and as a result got embarrassed at my lack of results and just stopped blogging about it. I don't think I'll continue that blog, but only because I don't have the time for it. I don't feel as if I can contribute much to the weight-loss-blogging community at this time.

5. Do you have any regrets? If so, what . . . (This question is asked of everyone)

About blogging or life in general? Blogging, no. I love it. In my life, though, I have had many regrets. One in particular is my college days. I wish I had thought seriously about what I wanted to do after I graduated. I just thought I knew and picked TV and Film Production. I wasn't cut out for it, to be honest, and by the time I graduated, most places had switched to digital and I didn't know a thing about it. Now I wish I had taken Library Sciences and became a librarian. It would suit me a whole lot better.



OK folks. There's my interview...let's get some requests and keep it goin'!
Copyright Dana 2005
3 had something to share

Name: Dana
Location: Chicago, and if y'all call me a Yankee, I'll have to cyber-smack ya'!

I'm just a mom of two, a crafter of jewelry, and to keep my sanity among the Yankees (kidding)I write southern-themed poetry, short stories and memoirs. I have been published on the web on sites such as USA Deep South, Southern Humorists, Muscadine Lines - A Southern Journal, Mosaic Minds and Long Story Short. I am also a contributor in Dew on the Kudzu and Weight-Loss Articles.com where I write dieting humor.

And this is my blog... Kudzu, funny family stories, poems, family ghosts, snakes, sun-kissed southern memories all inside! Plus some travel reviews, recipes and more! I also make handcrafted jewelry! Check out my jewelry blog - Colors of the Woods

View my complete profile

Copyright  2005 Dana Sieben - All Rights Reserved

Creative Commons License
This work is
licensed under a
Creative Commons License.


View my page on Indiepublic
Use one of these buttons
and link to me!




Dana Mosley Sieben

Create your badge
37%
Sign my guestmap!
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com
 
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com
If you'd like to share your thoughts via e-mail, get in touch with me here

www.flickr.com
imissala's photos More of imissala's photos
Chicago Lampoon

Belmont or Bust

I Was Trailer Trash When Trailer Trash Wasn't Cool

One Day at a Time

The Southern Epicure

Willing Hands (cross-stich blog)

A Tennessee Redneck in King Harald's Court

I am a Supersonic Streak in the Sky!

Becky's Carolina Journal

The Book Bitches

Alabama Kitchen Sink

Herbal Connection

Magnolia Mom

All Things Southern

Too Much Pork

Finding Fair Hope

The Little Things

The Patrick's

Going Places

The Phoenix

Olga's Blog

Leslie's Omnibus

Welcome to Beejland

Web Grits

Amy's Musings

Ruminations and Reflections

The SoapBox

The Martin Family

Travel Activities

Susie Pie

Lisa's Writing Projects

Monica's Thoughts

Bill's Bilge

Pirate Journal

Junkyard Poetry

Road to Writing

What's Up Down South?

Southern Comfort

All Kinds of Writing

Talking to Myself

The Notebored

Dana Reye's Place

Dovely's Days

Musings on Birmingham

Bill Harper's Humorwriter.com

Words to Go With - a Poetry Blog

Your Way Camping

Mushy's Moochings

Rurality

Zazzafooky

Southerness.com

The Sassy Southerner






Who Links Here

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"I believe that no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, you can not baptize cats." - Larry the Cable Guy

A Tennessee man and an Alabama man were both fighting in a war and were captured by the enemy.
"Before we put you to death," said the enemy, "do you have any last requests?"
"Yes," said the Alabaman. "Could you play 'Yeah, Alabama' before you shoot me?"
"Sure," said the enemy. "How about you, Tennessean?"
"Could you shoot me before you play 'Yeah, Alabama?'"

courtesy of 100 Redneck Jokes


Image hosting by Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Blogarama - The Blog Directory


blog search directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Blogwise - blog directory



Writing , songs, humor & cool fun stuff
The Free Directory of Independent Writers and Artists
LitScene.com - The portal for writers and authors






FindingBlog - Blog Directory









TFS 100 TopBlogs

Personal Blogs
Start Blogging

Top100 Bloggers
Blogs

Top100 Bloggers Webring
Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next

Listed in LS Blogs

al.com - Alabama Weblogs








Top Personal Blogs
Artwork for banner
supplied by client.
Photographer: Dana

Site Design By:


Powered by Blogger

« chicago blogs »